Telluride Housing Department
The Telluride Housing Department provides year-round housing for employees who work within the boundaries of the Telluride R-1 School District. All housing developments have been constructed by the Telluride Housing Authority. Shandoka Apartments consists of 134 apartments, a daycare facility, four laundry facilities and offices for administrations and maintenance. Virginia Placer includes 18 apartments, three tiny homes, and a boarding house with capacity for 46 occupants.
The members of the Telluride Town Council sit as the THA Board of Directors and the Town of Telluride manages the property on behalf of THA. The administrative office is shared with the San Miguel Regional Housing Authority.
Applicants or Current Residents with questions are encouraged to call the Telluride Housing Department Office at 970-728-3034 x 1.
Application and Forms:
- Application Packet This application packet can be used to apply for Shandoka Apartments or Virginia Placer Apartments, Tiny Homes or Boarding House. It includes Rent Schedules, Employment Certification, Lawful Presence Affidavit and Leasing Policy.
- Shandoka Apartments Site Map
- Virginia Placer Site Map
- Tiny Homes Site Map
Virginia Placer Apartments and Tiny Homes:Lottery Drawing Results
The Telluride Housing Department conducted a lottery to select the residents of the Virginia Placer Apartments and Tiny Homes. The lottery selection will occur on February 16, 2018 at 12 noon at Rebekah Hall, 113 W. Columbia Ave., Telluride. The winners of the lottery will be able to begin renting their new apartments at the beginning of April 2018.
The anticipated opening of the Boarding House is May 2018. Stay tuned for more information.
The Boarding House is a unique opportunity to live in a communal environment, while enjoying all that Telluride has to offer. The Town of Telluride plans to open this new facility toward the end of May 2018.
There are 18 single occupancy rooms and 14 double occupancy rooms. All bathrooms and kitchens are communal. Each resident will be provided with furnishings in their unit, including a bed with frame and mattress, desk, chair, window blinds, screen and mini fridge.
Here are a few good things to know before applying:
- All units are furnished and do not have adequate space for additional furniture.
- Each resident will be assigned a ski locker in addition to their housing unit.
- There is extremely LIMITED PARKING. There are only 23 parking passes allotted for 46 Boarding House residents. Do not bring a car if possible. If you do bring a car, understand that you may or may not receive a parking permit allowing you to park in the immediate vicinity.
- Occupancy of shared rooms will be assigned per bed. If you are a single renter in a shared room, please note that management will fill the second rentable space with a second renter.
Boarding House example lease: (coming soon)
Boarding House Rules and Regulations: (coming soon)
- Online Payments. To sign up for online payments, please send an email to Telluride Housing Department with your name and apartment number. You will receive a return email with details on how to sign up.
- Apartment Maintenance Request
- Laundry Maintenance Request
- Laundry Refund Request