The Town of Telluride administers a water and wastewater system for:
- Residents and
- Businesses within town limits
- Nearby communities
The Town of Telluride provides trash services through an independent contractor, Bruin Waste.
- Customers may only change the size of their polycart(s) one time within the fiscal year.
- Commercial trash services are provided by private contract.
Utility service for water, sewer, trash and recycling are billed on a bimonthly cycle (every other month) through the Finance Department.
Make a Payment
- Pay utility bill Online
- Pay By Phone
- What are new homeowner services?
Water, sewer, trash, and recycling. Some homeowners may have part, or all services managed directly through their HOA.
- How do I start paying my water/trash bill online?
For current homeowners, visit Xpress Billpay.
- Create an account.
- Link your account to the utilities by searching your last name/company, service address, or utility number.
- Last, setup notifications and auto-pay, if desired.
For new homeowners, setup is completed by calling 970-728-2162.
- How do I change my billing address or change my tenant information?
Billing address changes are made through the website via the form center.
Tenant changes are made through the form center as well!
- How do I start and stop service?
Home owners do not need to start/stop service when selling or buying property. Utility accounts are updated when closing documentation is received from your title company.
If you are using a local title company, this usually occurs a week after closing. If you are using a title company not in Telluride, you will need to have closing documentation from the title company sent to the Town of Telluride - Finance Department at PO Box 1704, Telluride, CO 81435.
Current homeowners looking to start or stop trash & recycle services should call 970-728-2162.
Properties going under construction (remodels, additions, etc.) may have water shut off, but must continue paying utility fees to maintain access to their water & sewer taps.
For water shutoffs at the street, please contact Public Works at 970-728-2177 to schedule assistance.