2021 Regular Municipal Election
The next election will be held on Tuesday, November 2, 2021 with the town meeting moderator and four council seat vacancies. The nomination petition period to certify for the ballot as a council or town meeting moderator candidate will begin on Tuesday, August 03, 2021, and end on Monday, August 23, 2021.
Town Council Qualifications
- Resident of Telluride for one year immediately preceding the election.
- Registered to vote in Telluride by election day.
- 18 years of age or older by election day.
Town Meeting Moderator Qualifications
- Have resided in Telluride for twenty-two days before filing nominating petitions.
- Be at least eighteen years of age twenty-two days before filing nomination petitions.
The Candidate Packet has been compiled to answer general questions about the election process and the duties of municipal office. The following documents are included in the Candidate Packet:
- Cover Memo from Town Clerk Tiffany Kavanaugh
- Colorado Municipal League Candidates Guide
- Election Calendar
- Telluride Home Rule Charter Articles III through V Regarding Town Council
- Telluride Home Rule Charter Article XVI Town Meeting
- Telluride Municipal Code Chapter 2 Article 5 General Provisions For Commissions
- Telluride Municipal Code Chapter 2 Article 4 Ethics Code
- Colorado Campaign and Political Finance Manual (January 2021)
- Town of Telluride Fair Campaign Practices Act (FCPA) Filing Deadlines
- FCPA Forms
- Telluride Municipal Code Chapter 2 Article 1 Political Signs
Please watch the following videos to find out more information on running for office and circulating the nomination petition.
Running For Office
Circulating the Nomination Petition
On July 15, 2021 the Town Clerk issued a Statement of Petition Sufficiency for A Citizen-Initiated Ordinance Authorizing The Town Of Telluride To Cap The Quantity Of Short-Term Rental Units Within The Town Of Telluride For Purposes Of Promoting Long-Term Rental Opportunities For Local Residents.