Council adopts Ordinance 1547 Amending Short-Term Rental Unit License Restrictions and approving exceptions to Telluride Question 2D.
Persons wishing to apply for a short-term rental license for their primary residence may submit an application to the Town Clerk for an exception.
- Short Term Rental Primary Residence Applications(PDF) will be accepted in-person by appointment only.
- Email Town Clerk(s) for questions or to make an appointment.
- The application and required documentation must be returned to the Town Clerk at your scheduled appointment time.
- The application must be notarized. The Town Clerk provides notarizations services.
- Property restricted by land use or zoning regulatory provisions prohibiting long-term rentals may apply for an exception.
“One-in-one out” licenses
- On January 3, 2023, the Town Clerk will determine if any short-term rental licenses are available to be issued from the cap placed by Question 2D on November 2, 2021.
- Applications for a waitlist will be accepted beginning September 16, 2022, through September 30, 2022, @ 5 pm.
- Applications will not be released prior to September 16th and will be available on the Town’s website.
- A lottery will be held on October 7, 2022, for any short-term rental licenses determined available for issuance in January 2023.