FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Telluride Town Park Campground Reservations Open Monday
New reservation system and phased rollout of campsite bookings begin Monday, April 24
(April 21, 2023) – Telluride, CO --- The Town of Telluride Parks and Recreation Department will release the first of four rounds of online campground reservation blocks on Monday, April 24 at 9 am MST. The first round of online reservations released will be for reservations beginning May 12 through June 9.
Online reservations will open in four blocks for various booking windows, including:
- Monday, April 24 at 9:00 am MST for reservations from May 12 through June 9
- Monday, May 1 at 9:00 am MST for reservations from June 19 through August 9
- Monday, June 5 at 9:00 am MST for reservations from August 14 through September 12
- Monday, July 10 at 9:00 am MST for reservations from September 18 through October 8
Campground reservations between these booking windows are managed by various festivals. To stay at the campground during these dates, you must be attending the festival and obtain campground reservations and passes through the festival directly. The festivals include:
- Telluride Bluegrass Festival: June 10 through June 18
- Telluride Jazz Festival: August 10 through August 13
- Telluride Blues and Brews Festival: September 13 through September 17
“The Telluride Town Park Campground is a very popular camping option in Southwest Colorado,” said Parks and Recreation Director Stephanie Jaquet. “With the new campground reservation policies and software, we hope to simplify the booking experience, optimize the use of the campground, and make the facility accessible to as many people as possible. We look forward to welcoming all our camping guests for another anticipated sold-out season.”
The Telluride Town Park Campground has implemented a handful of new reservation restrictions and policies to ensure fair and equitable access to the campground throughout the camping season. Key reservation policies include the following:
- Individuals are limited to a maximum of 7 nights total within a 30-day period.
- Individuals are limited to a maximum of 14 nights total for the duration of the 2023 camping season (May 12 through October 8).
- Campsites selected are subject to change until 3 days prior to arrival. The site type will remain the same and the site length will not decrease.
- Due to high demand, group bookings are not allowed. Only 1 site is allowed to be booked per individual per day.
- Resale of campsites is prohibited.
Reservations for campsites can only be made online, for assistance or questions, please email email@example.com or call (970) 728-2173. For nightly rates, reservation information, processes, procedures, and cancellation policies, please visit bit.ly/totcamping. To book your campground reservation, please visit bit.ly/totcampspot at 9 am on the first day of the online reservation release date or later.
# # #
Cell: (303) 319-6448
A former Victorian mining town in southwest Colorado’s San Juan Mountains, Telluride was incorporated in 1977 as a home-rule municipality. Set in a box canyon amid forested peaks at the base of the popular Telluride ski-and-golf resort, the town’s historic district houses landmarks like the Sheridan Opera House, a performing-arts venue originally built in 1913, and the Telluride Historical Museum, which showcases local history in a converted hospital built in 1896. For more information, please visit us online at telluride-co.gov.