Telluride Municipal Court
The Municipal Court is responsible for the judicial processing of citations that originate from Telluride Municipal Code violations occurring within Town of Telluride limits.
Telluride Municipal Court sessions are held in the historic San Miguel County Courthouse; 305 West Colorado Avenue, 2nd Floor, Telluride. The Municipal Court Clerk’s office however, is located in Telluride’s Town Hall.
The municipal court judge is only available during court sessions. If you wish to speak with the judge concerning your case, you must appear in court. Any contact with a judge or by a judge concerning the merits of a pending case or proceeding, outside the presence of all parties or their representatives, is considered impermissible “ex parte” communication.
The municipal clerk of court is available at Town Hall and may be contacted for questions relating to your hearing date, citation or parking ticket, in person or by calling 970-728-2158.
The clerk of court does not provide legal advice. For legal advice, please contact an attorney. The clerk of court does not have the authority to dismiss citations.
Telluride Municipal Court Dates
- December 14, 2018 at 9:00 AM
- January 11, 2019 at 9:00 AM
- February 1, 2019 at 9:00 AM
- February 22, 2019 at 9:00 AM
- March 22, 2019 at 9:00 AM
- April 26, 2019 at 9:00 AM
- May 31, 2019 at 9:00 AM
- June 28, 2019 at 9:00 AM
Telluride Municipal Court Staff
- Presiding Judge: Susanne Ross
- Deputy Municipal Judge: Leslie M. German
- Prosecuting Attorney: Lois Major
- Municipal Court Clerk: Melissa Mollan
Other Useful Numbers
- Town of Telluride Marshal’s Office: (970) 728-3818
- San Miguel County Clerk's Office: (970) 728-3954
- San Miguel County Jail / Sheriff’s Office: (970) 728-1911
- San Miguel County Court: (970) 369-3300
- 7th Judicial District Court: (970) 369-3300
Division of Motor Vehicles
- Telluride - 305 W Colorado Ave, Telluride - Car Registration Only: (970) 728-3954
- Montrose - 320 1st St, Montrose - Full Service: (970) 249-3362