Standards for Court Appearances
- It is important to be on time for a court appearance. Allow ample time for traffic, parking, and possible security screening when you arrive. You may be issued a warrant for your arrest for failure to appear on your appointed date and time.
- All cellular phones and pagers must be turned off or placed on the vibrate mode while in the courtroom. Failure to do so could result in you being asked to leave the courtroom.
- Firearms and deadly weapons are strictly prohibited in San Miguel County facilities, pursuant County Resolution No. 1997-35.
- All persons who enter the Municipal Court / County Building, any courtroom or any office utilized by the municipal court of the Town of Telluride are subject to search of their person and their belongings. All persons who enter said premises consent to the search of their person and their belongings.
- Reading materials such as newspapers and books are not allowed while court is in session.
- Avoid bringing small children to court. If you must, please monitor their behavior so they remain quiet at all times or you may be asked to leave the courtroom.
- Remain quiet while court is in session. Failure to do so could result in you being asked to leave the courtroom.
- When addressing the judge, stand and do not lean on the bench.
- Smoking is prohibited. When you are free to leave the courtroom refrain from smoking within 15 feet of the buildings.