- Finance Department
The Finance Department provides the following services:
Financial services include:
- Budget development and administration
- Investment management
- Real estate transfer tax collection, administration and exemptions
- Financial administration of all town contracts
- Management of the general government services budget
- Audit preparation
- Safekeeping of construction bonds and other securities held by the town
Accounting services include:
- Water, sewer, trash, and recycle billing
- Accounts receivable and payable
- Sales tax collection
- How do I pay my water/trash bill?
Payments can be made online at Xpress Bill Pay, by phone ( Utility Billing @ 970-728-2162) or by mailing a check ( Town of Telluride, PO Box 1704, Telluride, CO 81435)
- What is Xpress Bill Pay?
Xpress Bill Pay is a 3rd party payment processor that works closely with the Town of Telluride to provide:
- Bill-paying services
- 24-7 access using any device to your utility account
- Used to arrange auto-payments
Xpress Bill Pay’s Customer Support is available by calling 1(800) 766-2350.
- What is MuniRevs?
The Town of Telluride uses a 3rd party program, MUNIRevs to:
- Process business license applications
- Renewal of business licenses
- Sales and excise tax licenses and remittance
If you need to apply for a business license or pay sales tax, please create an account with MUNIRevs.
For assistance creating your MUNIRevs account or connecting to your existing business account, please contact the MUNIRevs Support Department at (888) 751-1911.
- How do I apply for a short-term rental license?
There is currently a suspension on the issuance of new short-term rental business licenses that will expire November 2, 2023 unless extended by Town Council. Short-term rental exceptions can be found here: https://www.telluride-co.gov/281/Business-Licenses.
- What is RETT and how can I apply for an exemption?
Real Estate Transfer Tax is a 3% tax paid on the sale of properties within the Town of Telluride and Sunset Ridge. There are several exemptions from RETT which can be found in our Municipal Code.
- What taxes do I possibly need to pay?
- How can I pay my sales tax?
You can create an account at the Town of Telluride MuniRevs website to pay sales and excise tax.
- Can I pay my taxes annually?
You must have sales tax remittance of the below amounts for three consecutive months to change your current filing frequency.
- Annually $10 or less
- Semi Annually $10-20
- Quarterly $10-20 or $20-40
- Monthly $40 or more