CCAASE Calendar, Policies & Date Application
The Commission for Community Assistance, Arts, and Special Events (CCAASE) is charged with the responsibility of reviewing and evaluating applications and establishing the Town of Telluride Calendar of Special Events. CCAASE will consider the value to the community, impact on town resources, effect on existing events, ability of a new applicant to organize an event and past performance of an existing event.
New event applicants (did not use town park facilities in the previous year applied for) or existing events requesting a change in date for 2022 that want to use town park facilities must be granted venue approval by the Parks and Recreation Commission prior to applying to CCAASE for approval. New event applicants that request use of town facilities may be required to provide a resume, references, proof of ability to organize the event and make a presentation to CCAASE.
Town ordinance requires events of 3,000 or more total participants to apply by the deadline for the regular CCAASE calendar date application process.
- CCAASE should receive applications by 5 pm on May 7, 2021, for consideration for the 2022 calendar. After that date, CCAASE will consider applications on a monthly basis.
- Only special events may apply for a calendar date.
- Applications will be accepted from organizations and individuals that provide educational, artistic, entertainment and cultural programs and opportunities in which Town of Telluride residents / workforce participate.
- CCAASE will review and establish the calendar at their regular meeting on Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at noon. CCAASE will endeavor to treat all event applicants in a fair and equitable manner with regards to Calendar Date allocations.
- New events must provide management resume, proof of ability to organize the event in Telluride, reason for choosing Telluride as a location, a description of target audience, educational programs, economical / environmental / community impacts, cultural benefits, number of expected attendees and parking, traffic and general impact mitigation.
- All applications must be complete in order to be considered.
- Approval of a date application does not constitute approval for use of any town property or facility. Calendar date holders must apply for use of facilities. Applications and forms are available at the Parks and Recreation Offices in Town Park and here.
- Events occurring within the Telluride town limits have priority.
- The review criteria are not weighted or prioritized.
- CCAASE must review and approve all banner designs before they are allowed to be hung.
- Length of time in existence on the requested date or weekend
- Longevity of event in town
- Longevity of organization in town
- Value to community:
- Impact on community:
- Change to existing events or new events:
- Proximity to other events
- Impact on other events with regards to economics, infrastructure, and available venues
- Similar events
- Crowd size
- Fulfills requirements of town contracts and special event policies