- Are Electric Bikes allowed on the Town Park trails?
Electric bikes are considered motorized and are not permitted on any of the town park trails or paths. Please use the paved bike path along the valley floor.
- Is there a dog park in town park?
No, there is not a dog park in the town park. Dogs must be on leash within town park and on voice control along the river trail.
- How do I register for Parks and Recreation programs?
You can register for our programs two ways. Either through our on-line registration website or at the park offices. Winter hours: 9am - 4pm, Monday through Friday or Summer hours: 9am - 4pm, daily.
- What activities are currently available?
We offer different youth and adult activities depending on the season. Our website will provide you with the most current activities available for enrollment.
- Does the park lend equipment?
Yes, in exchange for an ID, we have various balls, some tennis and pickleball rackets and frisbees. The library also offers some equipment. Check with the Wilkinson Public Library for seasonal availability.
- When can I make a reservation for the campground?
Watch the website for season dates.
- What if I need to cancel my reservation?
Our 2022 cancellation policy has been amended and will be posted when online reservations open for the 2022 season.
- Is there another campground located in Telluride?
No, there are no other campgrounds or RV parks located with in the Town of Telluride. Please see our main campground page for links and information on other camping outside of Telluride.
- Can I camp in my car in the town of Telluride?
It is unlawful for any person to camp or sleep overnight in or on any Town-owned park, open space or other public property, or remain within or on such lands beyond the hours of authorized public access or use. Town Ordinance (7-2-40 & 10-4-60), fines may apply. Camping on private property would be permissible after obtaining permission from the property owners.
- Does the Town Park Campground have hook-ups?
No, the campground does not have hook-ups of any kind. There are bathroom and shower facilities available on-site and drinking water is accessible. Generators are allowed as long as quiet hours are respected. Quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am.
- Does my campground fee cover access to the park pool?
No, your campground fee only covers your overnight reservation at your campsite.
- Is the Telluride Town Park Campground dog friendly?
Yes, dogs are welcome in the Town Park Campground during our normal campground operations. We ask that dogs be kept on leashes while in the Campground and not left unattended. Please no livestock in the Campground.
- Where is the closest dump station?
The Waste Water Treatment Plant is the RV dump station. They can be reached at 970.728.6075. There is a $15.00 dump fee and can be paid after hours with cash or check in the drop box located on the premises.
- Where can I top off my water tank?
There is a water spigot in the campground behind the restrooms available to registered campers only. The Waste Water Treatment Plant is also the RV dump station. You can top off your water tank if you pay the $15.00 dump fee.
- Is internet available at the campground?
Internet is available at the campground. During festivals it can be limited.
- What are best bear awareness camping practices?
Please visit the Colorado Parks and Wildlife website for detailed information on living with bears.
- Where can I park an extra vehicle?
Parking is true challenge in the town of Telluride. Attached is a Parking Map generated by the town Marshal illustrating the limited parking options.
- How far is the town of Telluride from the campground?
The campground is located on the east end of the town of Telluride only a couple of blocks from the edge of the commercial district. The Galloping Goose is a town loop free shuttle bus that will pick up just outside the main entrance to the Town Park.
- Where are showers located and how much do they cost?
The public shower facility is located at the pool entrance and the cost is $3.00 for 5 minutes of hot water. There is token machine just outside the restroom that will convert your bills into tokens. Please note that the office cannot buy back tokens, so please only purchase what you will use.
- How do I make a Facility Reservation?
We have multiple facilities available to reserve. You must submit a permit request for approval, those permits can be found HERE
- Where can I park after my 4 hours have expired?
Parking is very limited in the town of Telluride. There is a commuter parking lot located on the west end of town that is free for all day parking. Recommend walking, riding your bike or using the town shuttle.
- Where is the closest pool during the off-season?
The Peaks Resort and Spa in Mountain Village has an indoor pool.
- Is the Town Park Pool heated?
Yes it is. We typically keep the pool heated to approximately 82 degrees.
- How do I know what level of swim lessons I should register my child for?
- Parent and Child: Parent participation and swim diaper required. Recommended age is 9 months – 2 years, 11 months. All sessions are 8 days in length; however, the days of the week vary from session to session.
- Aqua Tots: Required skills are a willingness to get in the pool. Recommended age is 3-5. All sessions are 8 days in length; however, the days of the week vary from session to session.
- Level 1: Water Exploration: Required skills are putting their face in the water and blowing bubbles with their nose. Recommended age is 4 and up. All sessions are 8 days in length; however, the days of the week vary from session to session.
- Level 2: Primary Skills: Required skills are front and back float. Recommended age is 5 and up. All sessions are 8 days in length; however, the days of the week vary from session to session.
- Level 3: Stroke Readiness: Required skills are front and back crawl. Recommended age is 6 & up. All sessions are 8 days in length; however, the days of the week vary from session to session.
- Level 4: Stroke Development: Required skills are breast and side strokes. Recommended age is 7 and up. All sessions are 8 days in length; however, the days of the week vary from session to session.
- Level 5: Stroke Refinement: Required skills are all strokes. Recommended age is 8 and up. All sessions are 8 days in length; however, the days of the week vary from session to session.
- How do I schedule an event on the main stage?
Please contact our Special Events Coordinator at 970.728.2059 for specific details regarding renting the main stage.
- How do I get onto the CCAASE calendar?
Please contact our Special Events Coordinator at 970.728.2059 for details regarding the CCAASE calendar.