- How long is the waitlist?
The waitlists for Shandoka, Virginia Placer and the Boarding House are very long, and we do not anticipate housing coming available before Spring, possibly even Summer.
- Are pets allowed?
Pets are not permitted at Virginia Placer or the Boarding House. Only ESA animals are allowed at Shandoka.
- Can I apply if I don’t have current employment?
Yes. Once your name is selected for housing, you will then be required to provide proof of a job or job offer.
- Is parking available at the Boarding House?
Onsight parking is very limited. It is preferred that tenants do not have a vehicle. If needed, they can check in with the marshals for parking availability.
- How do I get a parking permit?
The Telluride Marshall’s office is now in charge of issuing parking permits for the parking lot.
- How do I pay the application fees?
Application fees can be added to the first months rent and do not have to be paid at time of application drop-off.
- What are the qualifications for living in Shandoka?
All adults in the apartment must work at least 1000 hours per year within the boundaries of the Telluride R-1 School District and be legal residents of the United States. Exceptions are available for applicants with disabilities, elderly applicants and families who have been issued a HUD housing assistance voucher - please contact Shandoka staff for exception details.
- How big are the rooms at the Boarding House and what is in them?
150sq/ft. Comes with regular twin bed/mattress, mini fridge, desk/chair, storage locker and chest. None of these items can be removed from the room in order to accommodate the prospective tenants personal items. There is also ski storage located outside of the unit.
Photos of units and BH layout are on our web page
- What utilities are included at the Boarding House?
All utilities are included at the Boarding House.
- Can I have an emotional support animal at the Boarding House?
No animals are aloud at the Boarding House. If a prospective tenant has a emotional support/service animal we will make reasonable accommodations on the Shandoka waitlist.
- How far from the bus/ski lift/gondola/grocery etc.?
Its telluride, everything is close.
- What do you recommend we bring when moving into the Boarding House?
Below is a list of items I recommend new tenants bring with them. This list is directly off of our web page for easy reference to perspective tenants.
Recommended Restroom Items
Recommended Miscellaneous Items
Combination Lock for Ski Locker
Sheets to fit a standard twin bed
*No toiletries will be provided
Dry/Wet Measuring Cups/Spoons Set