RX Drug Drop Off Box
The Telluride Marshal's Department provides a secure prescription drug collection box at the Marshal's Department. We are located at 134 S. Spruce Street in Telluride. The collection box is to the left of the main lobby entrance door.
DID YOU KNOW? Safe drug disposal saves lives and protects drinking water supplies.
- The RX Disposal Box offers a way to clear your home of the medications you no longer need, helping to protect the safety of your loved ones, while also protecting the environment.
- Unused medications may fall into the hands of small children and cause accidental poisoning.
- Older children and teens may be tempted to experiment with easily available medications, causing harm to themselves or their friends.
- Flushing or trash disposal of unused and unwanted medications can cause pollution of lakes, streams and water supplies.
- Medications collected in the RX drug disposal box will be burned in a hazardous waste incinerator, for the highest degree of environmental protection.
WHAT CAN I DISPOSE OF IN THE COLLECTION BOX?
- Prescription Medications, EXCEPT narcotics or controlled substances
- Over-the-Counter Medications
- Medication Samples
- Pet Medications
- Liquid Medications in non-leaking original container
- Medicated Ointments and Lotions
PLEASE DO NOT DEPOSIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Narcotics and Other Controlled Substances
- Bloody or Infectious Waste
- Personal Care Products
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Aerosol Cans
- IV Bags
- Plastic Bags
- Empty Containers or Business Waste
The drop off box is available 24 hours a day. Please take a black marker and strike through your name and personal information on the prescription label.
QUESTIONS? PLEASE CALL THE MARSHAL'S DEPARTMENT AT 970-728-3818.